Thursday, December 15, 2005

Suspenders

I hate wearing suits.

They're uncomfortable.

Awkward.

Too formal.

And wearing a suit just doesn't fit my personality.

Unfortunately, my current occupation requires that I wear a suit every once in a while. Actually, I suppose that I really am supposed to wear one every day, but as I only own two suits, one of which is of the zoot variety, I do not find myself all that inclined to "suit up" for work.

I compromise by wearing slacks, a nice shirt, and a tie.

Man, I hate suits.

But there are days where I have to wear one. Like today. Staff photos for the yearbook. Yeesh. It's like I'm lying to the photo album.

Having lost a little weight since I moved up here, my suit of the non-zoot variety fits better, which helps motivate me to put it on.

Today, as I was getting ready for work, I saw them in the back of my closet.

My suspenders.

Hmmm...

This could be...PROMISING.

So instead of the usual belt, I slap on my suspenders.

Hey. Not baaaaaaad.

Not only were they comfortable, they were also a hit with the students.

I could do suits if I went with suspenders.

I may have to reassess my work attire situation.

Plus, I had a mug of coffee with me in every class. I was even teaching some students about how to write English essays. I felt like a real deal teacher, along the lines of a Brown or Wright.

Suspenders rock.

Well, I'm off to Sapporo tomorrow after work. Time to catch the Zazen Boys live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home