Friday, June 30, 2006

Tomorrow

Our school festival is tomorrow.

Preparations and general exhaustion have kept me from posting much about things lately, especially since there wasn't much to talk about, but...

The decorations are up.

The classrooms are all set up for various activities.

My head is freshly shaven.

We're all ready to go.

I'm actually pretty excited.

AND...

I will be singing with a student band.

Two songs on the main stage, five songs up in the "Live House" room.

The two main stage songs are...

Sum 41, "Makes No Difference"

I don't really like these guys, but it is a fun song to sing.

Jet, "Are You Gonna Be My Girl?"

This one is a good song AND it's fun.

The five "Live House" songs are...

Queen, "We Will Rock You"

I can't help but think of stomping my feet on the concrete floor of the arena while watching the Tri-City Americans...

KISS, "Detroit Rock City"

The rock gods in all their glory...these guys are pretty dang good.

Nirvana, "Smells Like Teen Spirit"

The song that started it all. Long Live Seattle Rock.

Twisted Sister, "We're Not Gonna Take It"

I love this video. A true classic...in all its cheesy glory. "I carried an M-16 and you...you carry that...that...that...guitarrrrrrrrr."

and...

Mr. Big, "To Be With You"

speaking of cheese...

Fortunately I'm not required to dress up like any of these bands. Whew. I was worried that I was gonna have to dig out my platform boots and my white makeup. Or for that matter, my big hair blond wig.

Pictures will be available with the weekend post. Decorations, band, etc. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home