Saturday, October 15, 2005

Jack O'Lanterns Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Today was the last minute rush for Starfish High's Open School (Starts tomorrow! You'll pay for the whole seat, but you'll only need the EDDDDDDDDDDDDGGGGGGGGE! Actually, it's free.) So I cruised on over to school and met up with some students who volunteered to carve pumpkins.

Ever since I was a child and my family carved pumpkins together, there's always been one part of the carving that I enjoy the most: sticking my hand into the pumpkin and pulling out a handful of seeds and pumpkin guts. Still love that, even today. Then you wash the seeds, dry them off, put them in the oven on a cookie sheet, sprinkle some salt on them, and viola, you have the perfect Halloween snack.

I got the students started on carving, baked some pumpkin seeds, put a CD on, and we all had a lot of fun carving pumpkins. Here are the results:

Quite possibly the best carving job I've ever seen.

"Spiderman, Spiderman, friendly neighborhood Spiderman."

My pumpkin...creepy Jack O'Lantern goodness.

"Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio."

I would post some more pictures, but Blogger and my computer aren't getting along well tonight and I'm too tired to mediate. Perhaps on another occasion.

I also went bowling tonight. Every time I go bowling, I'm reminded why I don't go bowling more often. I'm a lousy bowler. I have accpeted this, however, and moved on. I enjoy my bowling mediocrity.

Well, I'm all typed out, and I need to be in top shape for Open School tomorrow. G'night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home