Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Balance

Life has a funny way of balancing things out.

I see this when I drive a lot. Someone will turn off the road, and someone else will turn on to the same road, restoring the balance. Someone changes lanes, another someone moves into that lane, restoring the balance. Stuff like that.

Or maybe I should pay a little more attention to my own driving.

I had an incredibly relaxing day yesterday. Originally, I was supposed to go skiing with the first and second year students, but because of the translation request from the Muroran police, I decided that it would be better if I stayed at school and was more readily available than I would be if I were at the top of a mountain skiing. You know, just in case anything happened.

So instead of being really cold at the top of a ski slope having to watch over a bunch of students who may or may not be all that excited about being there, I was able to relax and do some work in the nice, warm staff room. I edited an entrance exam test, did some recording for the listening portion of that test, talked with the vice principal about this, that, and the other thing, and goofed around on the internet. It was so quiet. And calm. Peaceful, even.

And then everybody came back, restoring the balance. And the noise.

I was so relaxed by the end of the day that I went home and went straight to bed and slept for twelve hours. And I didn't even go skiing!

More about balance.

Yesterday was calm and relaxing. Today was hell, condensed and concentrated into a pure form. Busy from the first minute to the last. Recording for the test. Teaching my second-year betas. More recording. Play practice. Designing a schedule for after-school play practice. More Play practice. Training a student for an English interview test. Play practice after school. Finally eating lunch around 4.

Aaah, yes. The balance was restored, with fierce, lethal precision and ruthless force.

Such is the way of things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home