Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Money in the Bank / New Cell

PAY DAY!!!!!! WOO-HOO!!! (read as Homer Simpson)

The world always seems a little brighter on Pay Day. Even though I make less than when I was in Shimane, it's still a good feeling to know that money has been deposited directly into my bank account. Yeah, you don't actually get a "paycheck" over here. You get a receipt. Hey, it saves me the trouble of having to go to the bank and cash the check, doesn't it?

I also switched over to my new cell phone today. My old cell phone's battery has been weakening for a while, plus I spilled some tea on it when I was back in Shimane and now a few of the keys are sticky.

I've wanted this model for a while now, because it's the shock-resistant water-resistant (SRWR) model. My first cell phone was the granddaddy of the SRWR line. My second cell phone was an upgraded model from the same line. When that phone's battery started weakening, I went in to get a new phone, but the company that made the SRWR models wasn't producing them at the time. So I went with a different, shock-weak water-weak model. Not because I wanted to, though.

This new phone is cool. It has a built in compass, GPS, a street navigation program that moves the map along as you walk, a program that shows where the sun is shining and the cloud cover of the entire planet, a stopwatch, a timer, Internet access, and a whole bunch of other stuff that I'm not familiar with yet. I think if I mess around with this thing long enough, I might find a program that will clean my apartment and make three square meals for me a day. Hey, a guy can dream, can't he?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home