Monday, March 13, 2006

Finals

Finals started today.

For the three days of Finals, the students will take tests in the morning and have the afternoon off.

Still, there are quite a few tests to take.

Each test period is fifty minutes long, followed by a ten minute break. Today and tomorrow, the students will have four tests. Wednesday, they will have three tests. These tests cover a wide range of subjects: math, information processing, English (speaking), world history, two science tests, English (writing), religion (Catholic school), P.E., and Japanese for the first years, English (speaking), two elective classes (chosen from Japanese, Japanese history, physics, biology, math, and English), English (writing), P.E., ethics, religion, Japanese, and Japanese history for the second years.

That's a lot of tests.

It's times like this that make me glad I went to high school in the U.S. (Go Bulldogs!)

I had to conduct tests all morning long. The spoken English tests are kind of a joke here, not because Jack and I don't put any effort into them, because we do. The reason the tests are a joke is that we aren't give enough time to effectively test our students.

We have two fifty-minute test periods. That's one hundred minutes to test anywhere between 25~30 students.

Let's do some math.

Ideally, you want at the very least five minutes to interview each student.

25 students x 5 minutes per student = 125 minutes.

That's 25 minutes more than I have. So what do I do? Either I rush through my interview tests, or I have a number of students left over at the end of the day to test after school.

I'm not even going to bother with the math for 30 students.

The time has come to make a stand and demand more test time. You know, 'cuz I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore. Or something like that.

After work I headed out to Date to help out with their English play. On the way there, I saw this.
Makes a guy glad to be alive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home