Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Squishy Asphalt


I had my kindergarten class today at 10, so I headed over to the kindergarten, which is just past the girl's dormitory on the school grounds. As I was walking over there, I noticed an odd sensation, and an odd sound. The asphalt that I was walking on was squishing under my feet.

Whoa.

Taking a closer look, I could see water seeping up through cracks in the asphalt whenever I took a step.

This is what happens when a town that generally doesn't get a lot of snow gets absolutely hammered with it in the winter. Moisture seeps down into things and freezes, and then you get...
Warped and twisted streets.

Roads in serious need of repavement.

Squishy asphalt.

You know, that might make a good band name.

"Ladies and gentlemen, live from Muroran, I am proud to introduce...

SQUISHY ASPHALT!"

(and the crowd goes wild)

1 Comments:

Blogger Rocksaw said...

You are a lucky man.

People call you Dustin Sensei...and its for real.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 11:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home