Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Healthy, Wealthy, and Wise

Three things I am not. (heh heh)

I woke up this morning LATE and felt like I'd been dragged around a gravel pit for a couple of hours.

Starfish High has been, as of late, a germ farm. Lots of sick kids. Lots of sick teachers. This means that the office is not the healthiest of places to be right now.

Two things helped: cough drops that my folks sent me, and a hot cup o' coffee.

After that, I felt a little better.

I went to my bank today to see if the funds for my new car had made it into my account yet. The word was that they'd been in there today, so I was just a tad excited.

I check my balance. No different than yesterday. Hmmm.

I go to the counter and ask about my money.

They ask me if I had received a call from the bank.

I say no.

They tell me that means the money's not here yet.

Really? I hadn't noticed. (voice drips with sarcasm) I start to get a little worried about where the money Dad sent me is.

They tell me that it could take up to two weeks for the money to get to my account.

Two WEEKS?

What century are we living in here, people?

So I went back to school, feeling pretty lousy again. The letdown after such a big buildup can be devastating.

Two hours of play practice...pretty uneventful. Practice went smoothly and the students seem to be coming to the realization that we only have about a month before the performance.

Back to the office after play practice. There were two calls on my cell phone. I listen to the messages on my answering machine. A Japanese woman from my bank is asking me to call back.

YES!!!!!

The second message gives me a number to call. Here's the kicker. The lady left both messages entirely in English (my answering machine message is in English), but she left the phone number in Japanese. Ummm...

Let's consider that for a moment.

She's leaving me a message in English, because as far as she knows, I can't speak Japanese. Then she gives me the number I'm supposed to call (to most likely take care of the money transfer) in Japanese. Good thing I can speak Japanese, or I'd have been outta luck.

Even better is that when I dial the number she gave me, I got a "This number has been disconnected or is no longer in service." message.

Wow.

Anyway, I got in touch with the bank and went down and took care of everything that needed to be taken care of. The money either made it into my account this afternoon (I didn't check) or it will be transferred into my account tomorrow morning.

That's a relief.

Gonna get me a new car... (hums to self, dances off into the sunset)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home