Monday, July 31, 2006

The San Diego Chronicles - Day 9: La Jolla and The Fury of The Waves

Today Thomas took us out to La Jolla (that's "La Hoya", not "La Jaw-lah").

Apparently La Jolla is one of the richer communities in San Diego, and some of the people there like to refer to themselves as living in "La Jolla", not in "San Diego".

Snobs. (heh heh)

We checked out a bit of the town and then headed for the beach.

And what a beach it was.

We even got to see a couple of seals. Cool stuff.

Then we all changed into our swimming suits and hit the surf.

The waves today were pretty vicious. Strong stuff, but I just kept on charging in there like some big dumb animal and getting smacked down on the sandy ocean floor.

I don't think I've ever had that much fun.

Although I had sand coming out of places I didn't think sand could come out of for a few days afterward.

That, and I had figured I didn't need to slap on much sunscreen, as it was cloudy.

Dumb dumb boy lacking in melanin. Dumb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home