Monday, July 24, 2006

The San Diego Chronicles - Day 2: School's In Session

Oh. CRAP.

I'm late.

That's how I woke up this morning.

Somehow, I failed to set my alarm correctly and overslept big time. I catch my bus in a panic and head down to the school to get started chaperoning.

Not the best way to kick off a month-long stint.

Once I got to the school, I met a couple of the other staff members. Richard (The Boss) and Denise (Activities Coordinator).

After talking for a bit, I headed in to the classroom where my students were waiting.

"DUSTIN!"

Wow. I don't think I've ever seen these guys that happy to see me. And WOW were they tanned.

I apologized to the principal, and said hello to a couple of the teachers who were administering a survey. Then the students had to take a test, so the principal and I left the room and talked for a while.

Once the placement test was finished, Jessica took us on a short tour of Old Town. It was REALLY hot, so we kept it short. After the tour, we had a pizza party outside. YES! Pizza!

Once that was finished, the students took off for their various home stay places and I talked with the principal about meeting up for dinner that night.

We met at the Old Town Trolley Station and headed downtown. Since neither of us really knew anything about downtown San Diego, I suggested we go to a place I had spotted while waiting for the trolley the night before: The House Of Blues.

Hell Yeah.

Good food, sweet music, and good beer. Aaah, it's good to be home again. (Even though SD isn't really home, of course.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home