Friday, July 21, 2006

The Cove Chronicles - Day 9: A Friday in Oregon

Today, Kacey and Grandma Chambers came to Cove.

Grandma Chambers isn't my grandma by blood. I have Grandma Nelson on my Mom's side and Grandma Morgan on my Dad's side. Even so, for as long as I can remember, she's been Grandma Chambers. She and her husband have been friends of Mom and Dad for a really long time, and when we used to go visit them whenever we could.

She's 90 years old and one feisty lady. (My grandmas all tend to be feisty.)

It was really nice of Kacey to bring her up to spend the day with us. It was a surprise for her, as Kacey hadn't told her where they were going. We just hung out and spent the day relaxing and talking. It was a nice change of pace.

While Mom and Grandma hung out at home, Dad, Kacey, and I went out to a winery and vineyard near our place, Gilstrap Brothers Vineyard and Winery.

We took a tour of the place and tasted a few of their wines. I'm not a big fan of wine, but Dad and Kacey are, and I was interested in checking out the lone vineyard/winery in the bustling metropolis of Cove.

As I was wearing my full Red Sox regalia today, I got a dirty look from a dude in a Yankees cap as I left. Fuggedabowtit.

For dinner that night, Mom made some fantastic Swedish meatballs. I realized how much I've missed my Mom's cooking. Damn good stuff.

Oh, and, I umm....I...well, I guess A Tribe Called Quest said it best...

I left my wallet in El Segundo.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rocksaw said...

Dude, I should have just gone to OR or TX, just for a weekend- looks like you had a blast

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 1:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home