Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Life As Of Late

Mark Twain said it best...

"The rumors of my demise, and of my blog's demise, have been greatly exaggerated."

Well, maybe not the blog part...

So it's April, and as every person in Japan will tell you, it's sakura season.

Aah yes, sakura. The cherry blossom which represents the fleetful nature of life.

The ultimate goal of the samurai...to die young much in the same way a cherry blossom falls.

The ultimate goal of the kamikaze pilot...to be recognized on the breeze as the wind blew the blossoms off the trees at Yasukuni Shrine. (Now THERE'S a touchy subject, and I'm throwing in a wheelbarrowload of editorial license here, too.)

The thing is...while they ARE beautiful, they're a tad overdone.

The sakura madness over here will wear you out.

My folks have cherry blossoms at home, and THOSE bear fruit.

The main function sakura serve is to stand around and look beautiful, and not much else. They aren't all that useful.

Much like many young ladies featured in the news lately. And even then the "beauty" is debatable.

Ah well, enough ranting about cherry blossoms. I won't even get to see them up here for another month.

So, why no updates?

I've been busy working on another project that's moving along rather slowly (my fault). I need to concentrate my efforts on that, but I will update when possible.

Another reason? I can't upload photos from my office computer, because it's a piece of crap and doesn't have the programs necessary to effectively access Blogger.

I hate that computer.

This one that I have at home is good, but I need to get a new one with a bit more leeway in the memory department. I love this computer, but it can be slow.

Also, the madre and padre are here, and have been since March 23rd. There's been a lot of preparation for that, and we've been gallivanting around the countryside since they came, so...

Yeah.

Anyway, the blog is still going, and I'm still going. Plan on both of us being around for a while yet.

Thanks to everyone for your comments. Check in when you can!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to have you back, Dustinsan

Friday, April 06, 2007 8:07:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The flowering plum is in bloom, with many more blossoms yet to open. The peach tree is about to break bud, and the fruiting sakura are on hold. Thanks for everything!

Friday, April 06, 2007 10:54:00 AM  
Blogger Jason H. said...

I hear you on both the campaign wagons and the sakura - by now I'm really just burnt out on the whole hanami thing.

-JCH

Monday, April 16, 2007 11:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home