Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The San Diego Chronicles - Day 11: Gumbo and Gambit

Well, Gambit wasn't actually in it, but...

We had a free afternoon today, so I cruised on downtown after all the students finished their classes. I wanted to get away from them for a while anyway.

First thing? Get my hands (and taste buds) on my first batch of Cajun food since leaving the States back in 2000. I did some Internet searching and found the Sixth Avenue Bistro.

Mmm, Cajun food. I had myself a Fat Tire beer (on tap) and some shrimp and sausage gumbo.

It eats away at your wallet and adds a little around the waist, but the food available in San Diego is DAMN good.

Then it was on over to Horton Plaza to catch X-Men: The Last Stand.

I love those X-Men movies, but this one was a little sub-par. The bar had been set pretty damn high with the last one, and this one didn't match up. It was your basic action fare. Not that that's a bad thing, but it just wasn't the same quality.

I was mildly disappointed, but I had a good time watching it. Wolverine was cool as always, and they had the "Fastball Special" in it, which was a nice touch.

I still wish the Ragin' Cajun had been in it, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home