Wednesday, August 22, 2007

And So It Begins...

I've officially entered my third year of employment at Starfish High.

Hard to believe that it's been two years already.

Life in The North Country. Good ol' Ezo.

Good food.

Great scenery.

Wonderful people.

Absolutely beautiful place to travel around in.

And yet I find myself asking that classic question that was posed so well by The Clash.

I suppose I'll find the answer soon enough.

On a completely unrelated note, I went to an exhibition of Salvador Dali's artwork at the Hokkaido Museum Of Modern Art on Sunday. Love me some Dali.


It was quite possibly one of the most intense experiences of my life. I never thought that I would get the chance to see actual Dali artwork outside of a textbook or slide show. And yet there it was. I had a big ol' dopey grin on my face for the hour and a half I spent there. Just absolutely incredible.

I also attended my first overnight outdoor music festival, Rising Sun Rock Festival 2007 on Friday and Saturday. All Japanese bands, but a really cool event. The toilet situation ended up being pretty bad by the end, but for two days it was music and fun. Having a barbecue and drinking until the sun came up on Saturday morning was fun, but it kind of put a damper on Saturday. I ended up bailing out to the tent early on Saturday and not watching the whole thing. That was okay, because you could still hear all the music all the way out to my tent.

Good times.

Yet that question still lurks...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home