Thursday, November 16, 2006

Bonjour Chevrolet?


...or something to that effect.

There's some fancy-schmancy French wine that hit the markets yesterday, and apparently it's a really big deal. Not being much of a wine drinker myself, I wasn't particularly concerned with it either way.

But earlier this week, I got an e-mail from the guy that runs Pivo Bar, a bar downtown with beers from all around the world. (I love this place because I can get Sam Adams there.)

It said, "Dasutin-san, maido-sama desu. 11 Gatsu 16 nichi Mokuyoubi, PM 9:00 ~
Bojore Nuubo (wain) o nomitai to omoimasu. Ohitorisama 3500en desu. Yokattara kitekudasai ne!(^^)!"

Loosely translated: "Dustin, we're drinking wine on 11/16 starting at 9PM. 3500 yen per person. Come if you can!"

The wine was the one that they always make a fuss about over here, and since I'd never tried it, and it sounded like fun, I figured why the heck not?

So I caught a ride downtown from a friend and went to the bar.

All told, it was a fun night of lots of drinking and chatting. And when it was all over, I caught a taxi home and hit the sack.

Yeah, I actually do know that it's called "Beaujolais Nouveau". I'm not dumb. I'm an American.

Here's a shot of me with a couple of the folks at the party. Let's just say that there was much of the vino consumed.

Also, I've updated some old stuff, so if you want to go and take a look at some posts that I should have written a while ago, here they are:

10/4/2006: The Field Trip
9/1/2006: Sixteen Men On A Dead Man's Chest
8/27/2006: A Bad Case of the Blahs
8/22/2006: Signs Of Life

As I update more stuff, I will let you know. Now that I've finally got pictures from a lot of the trips I did, there will be some fun stuff coming up in the near future.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should have learned French by osmosis. Beaujolais is the type of grae. The weird thing is beau means beautiful and jolais is pretty, if memory seves.

Saturday, November 18, 2006 1:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home