Saturday, January 28, 2006

God Of War

So now that I have a new Playstation, it's time to play some games.

Especially since I'm not all that motivated to go outside anyway.

I picked up a new game recently called "God Of War". I saw a comic over at Penny Arcade that just made the game seem really interesting, and when I saw that it was out here, I snatched it up.

Yeah. Yeah. I know. My Playstation was busted at the time. So what?

I like this game. It's pretty violent, yes, but it's also set in ancient Greece, and it feels like you're playing out things in the middle of Greek mythology.

Which is something I've loved since I was in elementary school.

You talk with Athena, Zeus, Poseidon, Hades, Aphrodite...
You fight centaurs, minotaurs, harpies, gorgons, cyclopses, sirens, satyrs, the Hydra, and Ares, the Greek god of war...hence the name.

You even get to use Medusa's head as a weapon. That's cool.

It's not all fighting. There are a lot of puzzles to solve and challenging (if somewhat frustrating) traps to avoid.

I just enjoyed it because it made all those old myths come alive. Fun stuff.

Speaking of Penny Arcade, this was a great comic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home